Today, we’d like to provide guidance and teach you the steps to prevent damage or loss of your extra baggage.
How to Prevent Damage?
First and foremost, it’s essential to note that the insurance policy does not provide coverage for the outer packaging of your shipped item.
Consider this example:
- Say you want to send a $200 or $250 suitcase. Why to risk $200?
- Instead, you might consider purchasing a heavy-duty box at $6(we’re not endorsing it, just suggesting).
- You can find these at Store King or Smithfield Cartons. These boxes are sturdy and less prone to damage.
- The next precaution I will recommend is to avoid sending items with screens in these boxes, such as laptops, mobile phones, iPads, or tablets. These items lack insurance coverage, and they frequently experience damage when placed in such boxes.
Please be aware that fragile items are not included in the insurance policy.
Here are some packing tips:
- Make sure to handle their packing with care and seek guidance if necessary. Use bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or foam inserts to cushion the items inside the box.
- Place items like glassware or ceramics in the centre of a bubble wrap and fold the sides before taping it closed.
- Fill gaps inside the box with additional packing material to prevent items from shifting during transit.
- Ensure a cushion of at least 2 inches of packing material around each fragile item.
- Mark the box as “Fragile” on all sides so that handlers know its contents.
- Include arrows indicating proper orientation (e.g., “This Side Up”).
Now, let’s talk about how to prevent loss.
- Include your name, address, phone number, country, shipping country, and destination country on the box.
- Adhere to the shipping company’s instructions for affixing the shipping label and remove any superfluous labels.
- Ensure proper labelling with a barcode or QR code for effective tracking.
Thanks for sticking with me; I hope you find this system useful.
You can always reach me if you face any issues or fears with packaging your extra baggage.
Publication Date: 27th September 2023